President & CEO
Every child deserves a chance at a prosperous, meaningful future. A model of how public and private entities can work together, Children’s Fund has served over 1.4 million children in San Bernardino County over the past 30 years. We change the trajectory of children’s lives by giving them support, opportunity and hope.
The President & CEO should be skilled in working with four constituent groups; donors, board members, staff, and agencies with whom we share contracts. The President & CEO will work with prospective and current donors, a committed board, talented staff and agencies in the County. Competitive salary with benefits provided.
Experience in fundraising and nonprofits is essential. Should possess excellent people skills, leadership characteristics, and a strong belief in our mission. Must possess high level communication skills, both written and oral.
How to Apply
You are encouraged to apply by May 31, 2017, however the position will remain open until filled. For more information about this position, other job qualifications, and to find the job application, go to http://www.childrensfundonline.org. To apply, send the completed application, cover letter and resume to Neal Waner, 300 East State St. #420, Redlands, CA 92373. For more information, contact Neal Waner at 909-798-8888 or NealWaner@aol.com.
President & CEO Essential Functions
Working with Donors – Critical Importance
- Cultivate new prospective donors (individuals, businesses, foundations)
- Manage relationships with existing donors
- Plan and execute comprehensive fundraising programs (annual campaigns, special events, planned giving)
- Oversee grant opportunities available and submission of applications
- Represent Children’s Fund in the public, at community events, and fundraisers
- Cultivate and maintain relationship with auxiliary partners
Working with Board Members – Critical Importance
- Assist with board recruitment and development of new members
- Maintain relationship with each Board Member
- With help of Board Chair, assist with the development and running of Executive Committee and Board meetings
Working with Agencies and Related Contracts – High Importance
- Have knowledge of contracts related to each agency
- Work with staff to cultivate new potential agencies / contracts
- Build / maintain relationships with management or board of agency
Working with Staff – High Importance
- Manage senior staff including reviews and evaluations
- Work with staff to prepare and oversee the development of the annual business plan including budgeting and staffing
- Ensure operations are in compliance with legal, moral, and fiduciary responsibilities