CHOC Children’s Foundation
Senior Associate Director Proposal Writer Orange County California
- Serve as the chief storyteller for the Foundation, creating materials that inspire investment in the future of CHOC Children’s.
- Write persuasive proposals, business plans and stewardship reports mostly to private individuals, possibly to corporations or family foundations, requesting commitments in excess of $1,000,000.
- Adapt messaging to different audiences and employ appropriate media or communications channels.
- Translate medical information into materials understandable to a lay audience.
- Project manage the production of proposals, business plans and stewardship reports from inception, through writing and design, editing and production.
- Effectively manage multiple projects and meet demanding deadlines.
- Produce materials in a variety of media, working in close collaboration with the development team and key stakeholders.
- Contribute significantly to the campaign goal by supporting the solicitation of principal gifts in excess of $1,000,000.
Reporting Relationship: Reporting directly to the Associate Vice President, Principal Gifts and Campaign
- A bachelor’s degree.
- 5 or more years in a professional setting. Experience in a hospital/healthcare setting. Success in fundraising.
- Superior communication skills in both written and spoken word as well as familiarity with visual storytelling.
- Excellent proofreading skills.
- Ability to gain expert knowledge in a specific area of responsibility and communicate in lay terms.
- Highest integrity and a sense of personal/professional ethics.
- A passion for children's healthcare.
- Background in biological science desirable.
For more information about CHOC Children’s Foundation: www.choc.org
Send cover letter and résumé to (electronic résumés preferred):
NETZEL GRIGSBY ASSOCIATES, INC.
Attention: Yvette Herrera
6167 Bristol Parkway, Suite 125 Culver City, CA 90230
Tel: 310/836-7624 E-mail: email@example.com