The Hope Through Housing Foundation (Hope) is committed to breaking the cycle of generational poverty by implementing high-quality social services for low-income families and seniors living within and around National CORE’s affordable housing developments throughout California, Texas, Arkansas, and Florida. We seek passionate, hardworking team members who are committed to transforming lives and communities. Together, we deliver Hope, Opportunity, Prosperity, and Empowerment to thousands of youth, adults, and seniors each year.
Position Description: The Foundation & Corporate Relations Coordinator will be responsible for overall management of grant identification, solicitation, and reporting. Potential sources include private foundations, corporations, and government entities. This individual must be a strong communicator and writer with an ability to align HTHF’s programs and plans with the priorities of a variety of grantors. The Coordinator will report to the Sr. Director of Fund Development and will serve as a key member of the HTHF fund development team.
- Identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward organizational prospects including corporations, foundations and government sources
- Align donor interests with the strategic objectives of Hope Through Housing and National CORE
- Collect necessary information and prepare proposals to keep the grant pipeline full at all times
- Assist with the creation of new program strategies, including design and outcomes measurement
- In collaboration with leadership, build and maintain relationships with key organizational partners
- Work with various Hope/CORE departments to coordinate and ensure exceptional engagement opportunities for key organization partners
- Respond to all prospect-donor requests in a timely manner, including applications, reports, etc.
- Manage calendar of application deadlines and submission information, prioritizing top prospects
- Serve as a support person for the Fund Development Team and department activities
- Serve as an ambassador for Hope through Housing and National CORE when occasionally attending meetings, special events, and all other public engagements
- Maintain current and accurate records in department’s donor database
- Attend company sponsored events that relate to the development of the team, which, from time to time, may include overnight stays at locations away from the employee’s home
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong ability as a writer and strategic thinker
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with internal and external audiences
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills; must be able to meet deadlines
- Ability to represent Hope with excellence and professionalism within the community.
- Ability to work with discretion and tact, and to exercise impeccable judgment
- Exceptional attention to detail, particularly in written communications
- Ability to quickly adapt to, plan for, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced setting
- Ability to prioritize work and coordinate work efficiently and respond quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with CORE/HTHF staff, public officials, private sector officials, parents, and community leaders.
- A genuine interest in investing in the well-being of children, families, and seniors
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION & SKILLS:
- Possess or be working toward a Bachelor’s degree and have 1-3 years of experience as a writer in nonprofit, fundraising, marketing, or a closely related field
- Must be able to interface well with other departments especially with Hope Through Housing Leadership and the Project Development team
- Proven ability to communicate clearly, effectively and articulate compelling messages (written and verbal).
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel & Outlook)
- Strong computer, social media skills; knowledge of donor databases desirable
- Regular and on-time attendance.
- Hours could regularly exceed 40 hours per week.
- Occasional travel by conventional means including aircraft, motor vehicle and the like within the region and to other locations as required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Exposure to weather
- Lifting 20 pounds
- Operates computer and office equipment