National CORE is one of the nation’s largest and most respected affordable housing developers and operators. With our Hope Through Housing Foundation (Hope), we are committed to breaking the cycle of generational poverty by implementing high-quality social services for low-income families and seniors living within and around National CORE’s affordable housing developments throughout California, Texas, Arkansas, and Florida. We seek passionate, hardworking team members who are committed to transforming lives and communities. Together, we deliver Hope, Opportunity, Prosperity, and Empowerment to thousands of youth, adults, and seniors each year.
Position Description: The Marketing & Communications Coordinator works under the direct supervision of National CORE’s Senior Director of Marketing and assists with a wide range of communications projects. This individual will be responsible for aspects of copy writing, content curation, collateral creation, press relations, social media, website maintenance, and special event marketing.
- Day-to-day coordination of various marketing projects as assigned
- Write content as needed for marketing materials, newsletters, brochures, RFPs
- Social media strategy development and implementation, including the creation of content as needed for websites, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
- Assist in the creation of fundraising appeals and write content for mail/electronic marketing
- Develop marketing materials as needed for ground breakings, grand openings, tradeshows and appropriate company activities
- Maintain information on organizational websites
- Create and evaluate digital marketing campaigns
- Coordination and organization of corporate assets: marketing materials, photos, videos, marketing files, etc.
- Coordination of corporate-wide database contact management system
- Research, write and submit award applications to affordable housing organizations
- Represent CORE with excellence and professionalism within the community.
- Assist with special events, grant development, and individual donor cultivation activities as needed.
- Attend company sponsored events that relate to the development of the team, which, from time to time, may include overnight stays at locations away from the employee’s home
- Other duties as assigned by Senior Director of Marketing
Proven success in the following job competencies:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) with internal and external audiences
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills; must be able to meet deadlines
- Ability to work with discretion and tact, and to exercise impeccable judgment
- Exceptional attention to detail, particularly in written communications
- Ability to quickly adapt to, plan for, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced setting
- Must possess the ability to prioritize work and coordinate work efficiently and respond quickly to changing priorities
- Knowledge of customer relationship management databases desirable.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years experience in Marketing, PR, Communications, Business, or other closely related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and strong overall PC skills
- Must be skilled at copywriting and project management
- Must be able to interface well with other departments and especially with Fund Development, Project Development, Property Management and Hope Through Housing
- Possess ability to prioritize work and coordinate work efficiently and respond quickly to changing priorities
- Must have a sincere interest in the well-being of children, youth and the aging population.
- Ability to work evenings, holidays and weekends as required.
- Ability to travel to off-site meetings, trainings, and events.
- Ability to pass TB skin test and background check.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Exposure to various types of weather.
- Standing, walking, sitting
- Operate computer and office Equipment