S.A.F.E. is committed to providing services for children, youth and families who have experienced or are at risk of abuse and violence. SAFE Alternatives for Everyone is a private 501 (c)3 nonprofit in the Temecula Valley with satellite offices located at the Southwest Family Justice Center and Riverside Family Justice Center.
The Executive Director is the key management leader of Safe Alternatives for Everyone. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
- Board Governance; Works with board in order to fulfill the organization mission.
- Responsible for leading SAFE in a manner that supports and guides the organizations mission as defined by the Board of Directors
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization;
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of SAFE, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support SAFE’s mission.
- Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
- Responsible for implementation of SAFE’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that SAFE can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
- Responsible for the enhancement of SAFE’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
- Organization Operations: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
- Responsible effective administration of SAFE operations.
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff.
Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
- A Bachelor degree
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Five or more years senior nonprofit management experience
- Solid, hands-on budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Ability to convey a vision of SAFE’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteer
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
- Strong public speaking ability
- State certified training in domestic violence/sexual assault
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of domestic violence/sexual assault services and at risk youth services
- Demonstrated knowledge in Human Resources
Actual Job Responsibilities:
- Planning and operation of annual budget
- Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit.
- Serving as SAFE’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organization’s throughout the cities, county and State and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance SAFE’s Mission
- Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to see their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the agency.
- Supervise, collaborate with staff
- Strategic planning and implementation
- Oversee marketing and other communication efforts
- Review and approve contracts for services
- Seek, write and execute grants
- Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and other qualifications. This position is an exempt at will classification serving at the discretion of the Board of Directors.
Position is a full time, exempt at will position serving at the pleasure of the board of directors.
Vacation and Sick Time
Minimum Education Required